Your information: When we refer to your information, we are referring to your personal information, as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Sensitive information: The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines some types of personal information as sensitive. We don’t commonly collect sensitive information, which includes information about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political opinions, health, religious or philosophical beliefs and criminal history. In the event we require any sensitive information we would only collect this with your permission, and we will only use it for the purpose for which you provided it.
The kind of information we collect and hold
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, information is collected directly from you.
We collect information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- a) provide you quality products or services;
- b) provide you with information and content that’s relevant and directly associated with you;
- c) maintain your contact details.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms in FanTribe, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you download or register to use FanTribe, make an in-Application purchase, share data via the Application’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, provide address information in accordance with any offer, promotion or otherwise for the purpose of the Merchants, us, or the Network Provider and when you report a problem with FanTribe.
The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, contact details (including email address and mobile telephone number), username and password, the type of Device, the Device ID number, other Device specific information (including but not limited to geographical location information of the Device), username, password and other user settings and registration information and information about how you use our products and services.
This is not an exhaustive list. For example, we may sometimes need to collect additional information from you, such as your postal address, when we need to send out an item that you have purchased.
You might also need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your travelling companion). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this statement.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you first register for to use FanTribe)
- from publicly available sources of information
- from our records of how you use the FanTribe app
Digital Analytics and Reporting
We maintain a range of industry standard digital analytics platforms which help us understand more about what our customers and other visitors want and how they interact with our sites. These digital analytics platforms only hold aggregated or de-identified information.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we use that information
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
Submitted and Device Information (personal): we use such information only for the following purposes:
- (i) to provide, improve, change and optimise the Services,
- (ii) to personalise your experience,
- (iii) to provide you with software updates and/or product announcements,
- (iv) to better understand yours’ and other users’ needs and interests, and
- (v) to provide you with further information, offers and promotions from us that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as targeted advertising and promotional campaigns.
Submitted and Device Information (not personal): we use information about our users generally, for purposes including but not limited to:
- (i) improving features and functionality of FanTribe and associated Services and to make these more relevant and up-to-date in the constant changing environment,
- (ii) analysing trends through aggregated demographic and personality-linked offers to users,
- (iii) sharing such information with our Merchants, Network Providers and other affiliates to allow them to assist us in delivering tailored advertisements, promotions, sweepstakes, discounts, offers and other incentives to you when you use FanTribe and associated Services (Any information shared with Merchants, Network Providers and other affiliates in this context will not contain nor be linked to your Personal Information unless you have given us your explicit consent through an “opt-in” mechanism in FanTribe)·
Keeping information secure
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take the privacy and security of your information seriously and we are committed to maintaining the security of your information under our control. We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information and our network from unauthorised access and disclosure.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the range of information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
Access to and use of personal information within FanTribe is appropriately limited to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information. Where information collected is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
How you can access your information
You can contact us to request access to your information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why.